Distribution Utilities: Various projects
EQL Energy has worked for numerous small to medium sized distribution utilities to evaluate steps to reduce cost of service, evaluate cost/benefit of asset management and maintenance, and generally analyzing methods to avoid rate increases. Areas of focus include wholesale power contracting and negotiation, distribution investment and maintenance strategy, customer programs and rate design. We recommended pilot rate designs to evaluate customer participation and satisfaction, as well as cost recovery.
- Rates tied to customer programs in energy efficiency, equipment leasing, and demand response.
- Load Forecasting, and impact of customer programs
- AMI analytics and customer rates and information
- Outage Management Systems
- Automated Distribution Management
- Distributed Energy Resource Management Systems (solar, storage, and demand response)